You’ve Got A Date With Kerry Winfrey’s “Waiting for Tom Hanks”
I love romantic comedies and, a tiny bit sheepishly, declare You’ve Got Mail my favorite movie. I do not, however, love contemporary romance books. In fact, I can’t think of a single one I’ve liked. Thank you, Kerry Winfrey for decidedly changing that and for writing a book that I did not want to put down. I just wanted to stay curled up in the warm hug that is the sweep-you-up goofy-grin escapism of this adorable story. It’s so stinking cute that you’re going to want to pre-order it (it comes out June 11) and then you’re going to want to take it on a date. That link is affiliate, so thank you, and I’m very grateful to have received a review copy of this book for free from Berkley.
- “Dreams” by the Cranberries in You’ve Got Mail
- “This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)” by Natalie Cole in The Parent Trap and While You Were Sleeping
- “She” by Elvis Costello in Notting Hill
- “Love is a Battlefield” by the Go-Gos in 13 Going on 30
- “Why Can’t I?” by Liz Phair in Win A Date with Tad Hamilton
- “Bennie and the Jets” by Elton John in 27 Dresses
- “As Time Goes By” by Jimmy Durante in Sleepless in Seattle
- “I’m Every Woman” by Chaka Khan in Bridget Jones’s Diary
- “You’re Just Too Good To Be True” by Frankie Valli in 10 Things I Hate About You
- “You’re So Vain” by Carly Simon in How To Lose A Guy in 10 Days
- “Kiss Me” by Sixpence None The Richer in She’s All That
- “You Send Me” by Sam Cooke in The Holiday
- “It Had To Be You” by Harry Connick Jr. in When Harry Met Sally
If you would like to join in on the fun, please go to the submissions page!